Our activity is essentially sustainable, we work with producers and artisans from developing countries. However we wanted to do more ...
We have decided to donate 5% of our turnover to associations fighting:
- Against excision: excision of the clitoris, which is FGM, involves the removal of the predominant external part of the clitoris (clitoridectomy) and its hood. It is sometimes accompanied by the removal of the labia minora and suturing of the labia majora. In 2016, of the more than 200 million women circumcised in the world, 44 million were girls under the age of 15,
From the request for contraception to abortion, care around excision, rape or physical or psychological violence, in the family, marital or other context, the teams of the Women's House offer the most appropriate and current care.
- For LGBT rights and in particular working to save young people in difficulty or even in danger of death. Today, 69 states penalize lesbian, gay, bisexual or transgender people with prison, torture, the death penalty or forced labor. In 13 countries, homosexuality is punishable by the death penalty. . (source).
Created on January 23, 2015 and officially recognized by the government on May 18, 2015, SHAMS is a non-profit, non-governmental organization specializing in the defense of the rights and freedoms of the LGBTQI ++ community in Tunisia.
Being the first and only association of its quality (openly and publicly LGBTQI ++) officially recognized by a government in the MENA region, and as stated in its statutes, SHAMS works to:
- The supervision of LGBTQI ++ people on moral, physical and material levels.
- Prevention of suicide risks among LGBTQI ++ people.
- Sensitization of citizens on sexually transmitted diseases.
- Work for the repeal of laws and practices with an institutional aspect that violate the rights and freedoms of LGBTQI ++ people in Tunisia.
- Defend the right of every citizen to a life of dignity whatever their sexual orientation, gender identity and expressions.